Duplex 3 Way Ball Valve, Bottom, 6000 PSI in 2205 and UNS S31803
Duplex 3 Way Ball Valve Bottom 6000 PSIv
FAV is the manufacturer of Duplex Ball Valve,Ball Valve Male x Male OD Ball Valve,Female X Male Duplex Ball Valve
Duplex stainless steels are becoming more common. They are being offered by all the major stainless steel mills for a number of reasons:
- Higher strength leading to weight saving
- Greater corrosion resistance particularly stress corrosion cracking
- Better price stability
- Lower price
The combination of chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen convey the good resistance of 2205 to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion. This resistance is extremely important for services such as marine environments, brackish water, bleaching operations, closed loop water systems and some food processing applications. The high chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen contents of 2205 provide corrosion resistance superior to common stainless steels, such as, 316L and 317L in most environments.
The advantage of a duplex structure is that it combines the favorable qualities of a ferritic alloy (stress corrosion cracking resistance and high strength) with those of an austenitic alloy (ease of fabrication and corrosion resistance).
2205 duplex stainless steel is a cost effective solution for many applications where the 300 series stainless steels are susceptible to chloride stress corrosion cracking. Stress corrosion cracking occurs when stainless steels are subjected to tensile stress, while in contact with solutions containing chlorides. Increasing temperatures also increase the susceptibility of stainless steels to stress corrosion cracking.
What are the characteristics of Duplex 3 Way Ball Valve, Bottom, 6000 PSI?
- High resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking
- Resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion
- Good general corrosion resistance
- Good sulphide stress corrosion resistance
- High Strength
- Good weldability and workability
In what applications is Duplex 3 Way Ball Valve, Bottom, 6000 PSI used?
- Chemical process vessels, piping and heat exchangers
- Pulp mill digesters, bleach washers, chip pre-steaming vessels
- Food processing equipment
- Oil field piping and heat exchangers
- Flue gas desulfurization equipment
Advantages of Duplex 3 Way Ball Valves, Bottom, 6000 PSI
- Duplex 3 Way Ball Valves, Bottom, 6000 PSI are very effective in highly corrosive or damaging environment .
- Low torque Operation
- Positive leak free seal assembly and reassembly
- Size range from 1/16” to 2”
- Variety of end connections and patterns as per Customer Requests